H.D. Harris on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/HDHarris802

Saturday, January 9, 2010

And so it begins.

I never used to be one who could nap randomly through out the day. Once I was up, I was up. Since starting graduate school this has all changed in ways I never imagined! I have always loved my sleep and beware to any who dared interrupt it. I would envy those people who could sleep until noon or later becuase I could never sleep that late. Now I still get up early but I am able to go online, check some sites *coughfacebookcough* and then lay down and pass back out on the couch for a couple of hours. The only thing that hinders my ability to do this now is my cats, who are running around like insane chickens with their heads cut off as I type. Now normally, I do not have a whole lot of need for a nap, it just happens usually becuase I am bored and don't have anything to do. And the rare occasions when I did not get a lot of sleep during the night and I am just plain tired. This week I started school and my internship again after 3 weeks off. Those 3 weeks seriously screwed up my sleep schedule and I have been struggling to readjust myself to the 6am wake ups this week. I am so thankful I can pull off naps now because of this. I don't think I would have made it through the week without them.

Now that I have rambled about sleep, I guess I should cover some logistics about this blog. I have been wanting to create a blog about my cats for quite some time now. However, I realize that I would have a hard time adhering to just talking about them so I will probably be doing a mix of my random mumblings as well as stories about the three insane cats that think they are dogs. As I near the end of my schooling, I find that there are a lot of things on my mind and I need to sometimes talk them out. I don't necessarily need to talk with a specific person to come to conclusions about my life but I do need to get the words out once in a while. Hence this outlet. I hope it can help so maybe I can alleviate some of the stress that I felt as I progressed through the past semester. I have two more to go and then it will be off into the real world with myself. Which is daunting in its own right. Am I really ready for this? Am I positive I am on the right track? These are just some of the questions I ask myself on an almost weekly basis. It has been years since I actively used a blog for my actual thoughts and experiences. I always liked it, I just got out of the habit as I became more secluded in what I put out there for the world to see about myself. So here I am again. We'll see where this takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment